Title: Drug Development Project Manager
Location: Doylestown, PA
About the job
Baruch S. Blumberg Institute (BSBI) is an independent 501c3 nonprofit research institute dedicated to using discovery science to find new therapies for viral diseases as well as nurturing translational biotechnology programs. The BSBI is located within the Pennsylvania Biotechnology Center (PABC), which is a 10-acre, four building,150,000 square foot biotech incubator facility in Doylestown, PA. The PABC is created and managed by the BSBI and has been home to laboratories for several non-profit research organizations and ~ 300 scientists and staff who are interested in translational research, including those from 40+ small start-up companies. As a result, the PABC has been named one of the nation’s most successful life sciences incubators.
The project aims to develop an orally available small molecule antiviral drug candidate. The activities of the project include in vitro and in vivo efficacy, scaleup synthesis, formulation, non- GLP toxicity and pharmacokinetics, GLP toxicity studies, GMP manufactory, IND, and Phase Ia and Ib clinical trials.
We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual for the role of Project Manager. The Project Manager is responsible for planning, tracking, and coordination of all cross- functional project activities, timelines, coordination of risk identification and mitigation, and financials starting from the pre-clinical, IND and CMC activities through Phase I clinical trials.
The individual is expected to be able to function independently in the daily coordination of development programs with both internal and external development teams, provide leadership with timely updates and work closely with other functional areas.
- Provide project management support, including preparing and maintaining comprehensive project schedules, resources, and Actively manage timelines with a clear understanding of dependencies and critical path, ensuring project milestones are met.
- Organize, facilitate, and co-lead team meetings. Develop agendas, prepare minutes, track actions, maintain a risk register, and distribute key project information in a timely
- Create risk register with prioritized risks and mitigations, working with relevant functions
- Develop and maintain project management Proactively work to onboard best-in- class PM processes and tools/templates
- Support development of presentations and reports for project review; drive and support internal team and external vendors/CROs through these reviews, holding teams accountable for endorsements and agreed upon goals
- Establish strong working relationships across the internal and external teams to facilitate effective communication and transparency. Foster a team culture of accountability
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, in a science- or health-related field
- 4+ years pharmaceutical industry experience required
- Proficient in project management methodologies and tools
- 2-5 years experience as a program or project manager leading drug development projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work successfully in multidisciplinary teams
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively across matrix teams
- Advanced degree (Master’s, PharmD or PhD) in a relevant scientific discipline
- Experience related to preclinical and clinical drug development
- Experience with technical or scientific writing
- Experience with small molecule and infectious disease drug development is a plus
- Management experience is a plus
Send resume and cover letter to: Jinhong.email@example.com